Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beauty

In my last post I had mentioned that living up here has made me realize that living in the snow has its perks.  One of those perks is being able to watch mother nature act in a way I never knew before.  I love the sights and sounds of snow.  I don't have to look far to admire the beauty that is all around me here when snow does make its way down.

I took the following photo because it is one of the first times I had seen an icicle in real life, right before my eyes



Ok, so there are a lot of little ones on it, but still I say it counts. :)  I also like the way the picture flows and for some reason it captures my eyes and makes me reflect on lines and how they can create a picture.


This next photo was cool for me because it took me back to my jr. high science class when we grew rock candy crystals in the lab.  I remember them tasting horrible, but they looked so cool.  The fact that I had grown them and that the experiment actually turned out was what made me so proud that day.


I took this next photo because I have always loved the look of trees all nicely aligned.  Maybe it is because I am naturally a person who likes to be organized.  Maybe it is because I find it fascinating that it is so abnormal for trees to be growing all aligned like soldiers.  I just know that this was a moment in time that I wanted to remember and wanted to capture so that I could hold on to the memories of it.


In this next picture wanted to capture the drift of the snow.  As you may well know I am new to the abilities of snow and I was fascinated this particular day to see how the snow lands on different parts of the branches.  When snow falls, it goes everywhere... duh, but my point being is that there are millions and billions of snow flakes falling, how is it that some land on branches and decorate the leaf-ridden tree to dress it for winter.


Here is another example of how the snow decorated my tree out in the front yard.


Growing up on the Central Coast of California and being able to watch the sunset on the beach I thought I was spoiled to see the most wonderful sunsets ever.  I thought that there would never be anything more beautiful then to see the sun going down past the ocean, as if it is sinking in to the water to light the world under the ocean.  I am delighted to say that some of the sunsets here have proven me wrong.  The sun may not be setting on the ocean, but it definitely gives a good show for setting behind the mountains.  I couldn't help but be so very grateful for the ability to watch the sunset and to see the gorgeous colors that it brings on.


This picture was taken on one of the most windy/snowy days we have seen.  The heavy snow had fallen and it was still coming down a little bit, but the winds were spreading it everywhere.  The picture looks like it is fuzzy and maybe looks like it is out of focus, but that is the winds and the snow blustering around outside.  It was so cool to see the looser snow gliding across the packed snow.  It was cool to step in an actual foot of snow.  This was the first time it had snowed hard enough to bring a bunch of it to our back yard.  I was so excited that I went outside to go play.  My dogs came out with me too and we all went crazy playing in the snow that went to just under my knees.

This last photo is one that I absolutely love.  It captures the winter wonderland that came and went so soon.  I  can honestly say that this is one of the prettiest things I have seen that snow can do.


I am blessed to be able to see winter this year and to experience the new life style that it brings.  I can say that I am so ready for Spring, ready to see all the trees around my house with leaves on them and ready for the birds and the flowers.  I am ready for the warmth that comes with the new season.  I hope everybody's winter was as fun as mine and that Spring time brings new life and happiness to you!

No comments: