Saturday, August 29, 2009

The temple


I got to go to the LA Temple today for the first time! It was so marvelous to be there! I could not have pictured being any where else to feel the calmness and love that is in the temple.

My parents were married in the LA temple and so they were able to show me around and I got to see where everything is in there. It is so huge! I love the temple and the blessings that we receive from it. There is such a strong feeling when you are in there that is indescribable.

I got to surprise my grandma in the temple! See, they work at the temple for one week out of the year and this happened to be their week to be there. I got to see her and share special time with her in the temple. What a marvelous thing it is, to know that we are with our family's forever when we are sealed in the House of the Lord for time and all eternity! How thankful I am for a family that is active in the Church and parent's who have taught me the blessings of being close to the Savior.

2 comments:

Maginot said...

I love that you commented on my blog-that was fun to read! And those similarities are cool- your husband spells his name right so that's good :-) don't know if you noticed but we were married in the Oakland temple as well. And we just moved back to the bay area from LA where we lived like 10-15 min. from the LA temple-I love that temple! Matt & Kara...hmmm??- what's there blog address. We love d-land too! And I absolutely love the beach- and would love a beach house, especially if it was in hawaii!

J+M said...

Hi Michelle,

What part of the bay area did you move to? My husband grew up there and knows so many people and like every town there is up there. Just curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to say. Totally understandable. I grew up on the Central Coast of CA and it is where I met my Jon as well. We got married in the Oakland temple and loved every minute. There is something special about the temple that you get married in. You have a love for that temple because of the happiness that you experienced there. Hope you have a great day!

Michelle