Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My hair


I know I am really playing catch up here. I had decided that I needed a change of some sort a little over a month ago. I wanted something that would make me feel good inside but have personal meaning at the same time. I thought about it for a few days and decided that since I have the blessing of being able to grown such long beautiful hair that I would donate it. I had always wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love, but never had the 10 inches that they require. As you can tell by the pictures my hair was quite long... 13 inches long to be exact. Cindy, the stylist, cut 12 inches of it off and I got to send it off to make some little boy or girl very happy!

I felt so proud of myself for doing this because it took me five years (with some hair trims here and there) to grow my hair out that long. I was proud of myself also because going from such long hair to such short hair is an extremely weird feeling of.... well lightheadedness(if that is even a word). I even put it all out on the line when I told Cindy that I wanted bangs to go with the cut! I haven't had bangs since I was in elementary school!

I also felt like I was a trend setter because just a couple days after I cut my hair so did Jennifer Aniston! Woohoo! She totally copied me, but I look better with short hair!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: