Friday, January 21, 2011

My little sister...




She is all grown up now. She's a big girl out at college and transitioning well to living out on her own. I am so proud of Carolyn because she is the first in my immidiate family to go to a 4 year university. She is studying English and probably would love to teach it some day too.

I remember growing up together that we always said that we would live close to each other because we couldn't stand to live far apart. I would have to say that we still feel that way. With her living in Idaho and me living in California it is hard to physcially meet up and hang out. We are so grateful for Skype, Facebook, emailing, texting, and cell phones. I think both of us use at least one of those means to talk to each other on a daily basis.

When we were growing up, all three of us girls shared a room. Some might think that that is a bad idea, and I would have to agree because at times it was hard. Over all, I would have to say that I wouldn't change a thing about sharing a room with my younger sisters. We have a bond that cannnot be broken by anything or anyone. I believer that the bond that we have comes from living in and sharing the same space for so many years. My sisters are not only blood related to me but they are tied to me by friendship. We might have our times where we are mad at each other, but there is never a fight that has lasted for more than a day with us. We can't be mad at each other for long at all.

This year will be a year wher our relationship will grow on different levels than we have known before. We will not only grow because we are apart, but because there is a new chapter in Carolyn's life that will affect us as well. I hope that she is having tons of fun! I hope that she is learning a lot about herself! I most of all hope that she is finding in life what she needs to better herself as a person... and sister!

Love you Carolyn! Miss you bunches!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: