Sunday, March 21, 2010

Church Songs

Right now I am listening to the LDS radio online (found at this website:http://radio.lds.org/eng/) and they are talking about the history of some of the Church songs we sing.  It is so beautiful and it makes me have a new appreciation for the songs that we sing every week in Church.  How would Sacrament meeting be Sacrament meeting without songs to worship?  How would the Spirit be able to speak to our hearts if there was no music to move our souls?  How would we be able to reflect on ourselves when hearing inspired words written for us in these latter days?

There is nothing more calming than listening to the Church Hymns.  They are a blessing to me as I hear the music and words.  I would have to say that the hymn "I Believe In Christ" is one of my favorites.  "Have I Done Any Good In The World Today?" is one of the top ones in my book too.  I have to say that the Primary songs are beginning to have new meaning to me, as we sing them every week, being an adult and having a different perspective in life now.  They really do teach the little children the basics of the Gospel and to have faith in Christ.

Ok, so that's it.  My mind is clear and I can enjoy the rest of my Sunday with people I love!  Hope you have a good one too!

2 comments:

Marty and Peggy said...

Marty's lullaby to Jon growing up was "I am a Child of God" in Portuguese. All three verses. Marty taped the song for when he was out of town. (Jon would develop a fever of 105 whenever Marty was away on a trip and the fever would come down immediately upon Marty's arrival home--that happened from when Jon was six weeks old and every time Marty was away until Jon was about 10!) The song at night gave Jon a sense of comfort and peace and would put him to sleep.

J+M said...

Awww! How cute! I should have justin teach it to me so that I can sing him to sleep and he might rest better! Thanks so much for sharing the memories! I love hearing about them. Some time when we come up, I would love to hear stories about jon. He doesn't talk about being a kid very often.